The Dig IN 2013 Survival Guide
By Ryan Puckett | August 22, 2013
We’re looking forward to seeing everybody at Dig IN, A Taste of Indiana at White River State Park on Sunday, Aug. 25 beginning at noon (11 a.m. for VIP and Early Entry ticketholders). Prepare to indulge in the tastes of Indiana, toast our state’s rich agricultural heritage, and help us celebrate the farm-to-fork experience.
Here are a few tips and miscellaneous info for you as you prepare to Dig IN:
• The guest entrance and exit is located on the east side of White River State Park (WRSP) near Washington Street and the Visitor Center.
• Parking is available for a fee at multiple locations near the festival including the WRSP Underground Parking Garage. There are additional parking lots near West and Washington Streets as well as metered parking.
• Pedal and Park will provide free, secure parking for bicycles near the festival entrance.
• Dig IN is also accessible via IndyGo Routes 8 and 24.
• To maximize the experience, you’ll receive a “Dig IN Passport” upon entry. The passport is a roadmap that helps you to track what you have sampled and what you would like to sample, locations of chefs throughout the park, and timing of speakers and demonstrations.
• The current forecast is partly sunny with a high of 87 degrees, so we recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. Comfortable shoes are also recommended.
• Come hungry (and thirsty) to Dig IN. Your ticket includes tastes from each of the 36 chefs and samples from the 17 breweries, 10 wineries and food artisans. Bring some extra cash or your credit/debit card if you would like to purchase a pint of beer, glass of wine, items from the artisans, locally crafted juice and other beverages. Note: there will be no ATMs on site.
• Complimentary bottled water will be available at Dig IN. Just look for signage around the festival grounds and on your Passport.
• We are striving to be a zero waste event and everything will be recyclable or compostable. Please help us keep the park clean and our footprint light.
• New this year, we’ve partnered with Yelp for a People’s Choice contest! Details on how to cast your vote for your favorite dish will be located throughout the park.
• We encourage you to include #DigIN in you’re social media updates during and after the festival.
If you have any questions about Dig IN, we may have already answered them with the Dig IN FAQs. If not, contact us by email (fast), Facebook (faster), or Twitter (fastest). At the festival, just ask any of our volunteers in the easy-to-recognize Dig IN t-shirts.
One more thing: come in good spirits – good food and drink pairs well with good vibes.
Get ready to Dig IN!
Tickets for Dig IN, A Taste of Indiana are available now. Get yours here!